In an effort to help alleviate the shortage of qualified healthcare professionals in Florida, Miami-Dade AHEC is committed to educating people on how to pursue a profession in the healthcare industry.
Beginning with K through 12th Graders, we provide mentoring to at-risk students, health career presentations and summer camps for students interested in health careers. Pre-Professional health students are assisted through a variety of internship opportunities. Current health professional students and clinicians are supported through internship programs, clinical rotations in community clinics and job placement assistance.
Programs offered include:
- National Health Service Corps (NHSC)
- Community Health Service Corps (CHSC)
- Life Campaign
- Department of Community Services (DOCS)
- Clinicians in Communities
- Pre-Health Summer Internship Program (PHSIP)
- Health Careers Exploration Summer program (HCEP)
- Youth Health Service Corps (YHSC)
- Doctors Back to School (DBTS)
- Students Uniting for Health Association